Are you planning to design your website and search for a website hosting provider? Well, before you set out on your quest to look for the best Reseller Hosting, have you decided which type of hosting you need?
There are many types of Website Hosting — VPS Hosting, Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, etc. But some people often confuse types of website hosting with Reseller Hosting, and it is mostly because of the phonetics.
VPS hosting, or any other hosting for that matter, has stark differences with Hosting Resellers. This article will explain it.
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS Hosting stands for Virtual Private Server Hosting, which provides users with a dedicated portion of a physical server.
Here are some key features of VPS Hosting:
- Allocation of dedicated resources: You will be allocated dedicated resources such as RAM, CPU, disk space, and more in VPS Hosting. It provides better website performance as other websites sharing the same server do not affect it.
- Control: VPS gives root access which means high control over the virtual server. In addition, it allows you to customise your server environment according to your specific website needs.
- Scalability: VPS Hosting offers easily scalable plans in which you can upgrade or downgrade your resources with the changing needs of your website. This flexibility will be cost-effective as you must pay for your needed resources.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting is a hosting service that allows you to resell Hosting plans to customers. Hosting resellers buy web hosting in bulk and sell them to customers under their brand name and pricing.
Here are some key features of Reseller Hosting:
- Multiple Accounts: With the best Reseller Hosting, you can create multiple hosting accounts, each with control and allocated resources, making it an ideal option for web designers and developers.
- Management: You can choose a Windows or Linux Reseller Hosting depending on your hosting requirement.
- Customisation: There are Reseller Hosting with WHMCS plans that offer customisation of the control panel, which helps create a unique hosting experience for clients.
Differences Between VPS Hosting and Reseller Hosting
Let’s summarise the key differences between the two in the table below:
|Criteria||VPS Hosting||Reseller Hosting|
|Scalability||Easily scalable with options to upgrade resources||Scalability depends on the reseller’s plans|
|Control||Full root access and control over server settings||Limited control, managed by the provider|
|Technical||Requires technical knowledge for server management||No need for technical expertise, the provider manages the infrastructure|
|Customisation||High level of customisation and flexibility||Limited customisation options for resellers|
|Clients||Typically suitable for businesses with high-traffic or complex websites||Ideal for entrepreneurs and web designers offering hosting services|
|Support||Provider offers technical support and assistance||Hosting provider may offer support, but reseller handles client support|
|Pricing||Higher cost due to dedicated resources and control||Lower cost with the ability to set pricing for plans|
|Maintenance||User responsible for server maintenance and updates||Hosting provider handles server maintenance and updates|
VPS Hosting and Reseller Hosting offer distinct yet unique features that course the different purposes of the user.
VPS Hosting is ideal for individuals or businesses requiring dedicated resources and full control over their server environment.
Whereas cPanel Reseller Hosting is suitable for those who want to create, manage and resell multiple hosting accounts.
Thus, consider specific needs and requirements to select your best option.